The new United States Environmental Protection Agency’s Vessel General Permit (VGP) imposes stringent requirements for the control of waste from ships in US waters together with fines and criminal prosecutions for non-compliance.
This new computer based training course has been developed by Marlins to train both sea and shore staff in this complicated new legislation.
- Modules fully covering all requirements including discharges, inspections, corrective action, documentation, training and penalties.
- Meets generic requirement for all types commercial vessels that trade in US waters.
- Specialised modules for Tankers, Cruise Ships, and other vessels where additional requirements.
- Specialised content tailored to the individual, limiting material to that relevant to their position and responsibilities.
- Advanced training for Senior Staff.
- Module for shore staff.
- Verification through final examination and certificate.
An approximate time of 2 hours is required for completion of the course and assessment.