Food handlers have an ethical responsibility to safeguard food so that it does not cause illness or harm. Galley workers are directly responsible for ensuring that the food served on board not only tastes good but is also safe.
This course covers:
- the importance of personal hygiene and a hygienic environment
- high risk foods and how pathogenic micro-organisms can cause food poisoning
- how contamination occurs and how to prevent them
- cleaning & disinfecting in a food service operation
- pest control and preventive practices
- the HACCP principles
- dealing with an epidemic outbreak
- safety practices to avoid accidents or injuries in the workplace
An approximate time of 1.5 hours is required for completion of the course and assessment.