Anchoring operations are one of the more frequent shipboard operations but still results in a significant number of incidents, many of which are avoidable.
This course explains how to anchor effectively and safely, to prevent anchor loss. Inspection is key to identifying problems with the anchoring system early and this will be studied in detail.
In this course you will cover:
- the basic requirements of an anchoring plan
- factors affecting a safe operation
- the need for keeping anchor watches
- preparing the anchor system for heaving
- the inspection and maintenance routines for various components of the anchoring system
An approximate time of 2 hours is required for completion of the course and assessment.