After taking the VOC course you will be able to:
- define the meaning of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
- explain the environmental and safety impact of VOC
- summarise the international legislation regarding VOC minimisation
- examine the criteria for VOC generation
- list crude oil tanker vapour pressure control mechanisms
- describe the options and best practice for VOC emission control
- summarise the use of Ship Specific VOC Emission Control Plan under Marpol Annex VI 15.6
- be able to use VOC calculation form.
An approximate time of 1.5 hours is required for completion of the course and assessment.